Food Storage should be not only a priority for humans but also our animals. This is important because most of us like to treat our cats like they were our children.
Now, would you feed your children something that has been stored in the open packaging, getting stale and become less fresh by the day? I didn’t think you would.
Here we have found some of the best cat food storage containers for you to keep your cat’s food as fresh as it was the day it came out of the bag or box.
Top 8 Best Cat Food Storage Containers Reviewed
1. Gamma2 Vittles Vault Outback Airtight Pet Food Container 25 Pounds…click image to see more on Amazon The Gamma2 is our top choice. The pet food pail is made of food-grade, BPA-free HDPE plastic that won’t shatter if dropped. Perfect for dry food, treats, bird seed & horse feed. Features wall-mounted containers, travel, pantry & kitchen containers & larger containers for large dogs & horses. A winner, and my favorite cat food storage container, the gamma2, is a bargain.See more on Amazon…
2. Van Ness 10-Pound Food Container with Fresh-Tite Seal (FC10)…click image to see more on Amazon The Gamma2 is a top choice. The Gamma2 pet food pail is made of food-grade, BPA-free HDPE plastic. Perfect for dry food, treats, bird seed & horse feed. Features wall-mounted containers, travel, pantry & kitchen containers.See more on Amazon…
3. Richell Pet Stuff Tower for Food Storage…click image to see more on Amazon If you are a limited budget and plan to look for a cat food storage container under $75.00, the Richell is a great pick. Richell is a premier example and commitment to producing high-quality cat food storage containers. Each food bin holds up to 8 lbs. of dry pet food. The foot pedal provides easy access to the bottom bin; Side hooks keep pet leashes and bags within easy grasp.See more on Amazon…
4. IRIS USA Airtight Pet Food Storage Container Combo…click image to see more on Amazon IRIS USA, Inc. pet food bins have airtight seals and snap-lock latches to keep moisture and pests out. BPA-free rolling storage bins come with casters for easy mobility. Capacity: 33-quart container stores up to 25-pounds, and 12- quart container stores 10-p pounds.See more on Amazon…
5. Kytely Upgraded Airtight Pet Food Storage Container Small Dog Food Container with Measuring Cup Cat Food Container with Pour Spout 4 Seal Buckles Food Dispenser for Regular Food Dogs Cats Birds…click image to see more on Amazon This cat food storage container is one of the most affordable available. WIDE APPLICATION- Our cat food container works very well for regular food, like flour, rice, nuts, beans, snack, cereal, etc., Made of food-grade plastic and silicone, BPA free, Lead- Free, which is very safe for you to use.; EASY POURING- Large pour spout opening and measuring cup design provide a happy pouring feeling, making every pouring neat and clean. The container has a transparent body to see what was inside without the need for any tags or notes.; AIRTIGHT DESIGN- The airtight dog food container has 2 silicone seals and 4 buckles on the lid, which is way better to keep out moisture and secure dry food storage. Please note that the measuring cup needs to screw on over the pour spout.; GROOVE BOTTLE DESIGN- Container bottle adopts groove design for easy to grasp when using it. All designs make this small dog food container perfect for indoor, outdoor, and traveling. There’s no way else to say this: this is a great cat food storage container. See more on Amazon…
6. simplehuman 30 Liter 32 lb / 14.5 kg Large Pet Food Storage Container Brushed Stainless Steel for Dog Food Cat Food and Bird Feed…click image to see more on Amazon We get it-you’re on a budget, and you want the best cat food storage container under $50.00 to make the most of your money. Simplehuman is a simple but top-notch cat food storage container. Magnetic lid-mounted scoop keeps food fresh—Fingerprint-proof; Removable BPA-free inner bucket; Built-in wheels.See more on Amazon…
7. Buddeez 8Qt Pet Food / Bird Seed Storage Container and Dispenser – Flip Lid /Pour Spout with Durable Handle…click image to see more on Amazon If you want something in between, the Buddeez is your best bet. The durable container allows for a big pour with a flip lid or a controlled pour with a spout. Not only great for Feed and Seed but can be used for Pet Litter and Treats. BPA Free.See more on Amazon…
Another good thing about using food containers to store your cat’s food, aside from keeping it fresh, is that it makes it much more convenient when serving the food.
Some storage bins come so that they may be mounted to the wall and dispensed with the push of a lever or button. Some come in your standard containers that can make it much easier to reach out the food without having the bag or box limit the scooper from holding its capacity.
The cat scooper used to give your cat food is another important item because filling up their bowls with your hands can be difficult. You will find everything you need here when it comes to storing your cat’s food.
Cat Food Storage Containers
The containers you store your cat’s food are an essential part of feeding your cat. Whether you prefer to feed them at certain times of the day or if you like to keep a bowl of food available to them for their use, there are options for you.
Typically when buying food for your cat, you will find that most dry food comes in bags or boxes. Unfortunately, the bags that the food comes in usually are not resealable, and the boxes can never be completely resealed.
If you prefer to feed your cat with wet food, we even have an easy option that is out there for you too. Cans can typically be an issue as some cats do not require a whole can of food. You can either refrigerate or throw away the food, thus wasting it or letting it get stale. You will find a better way for this to be saved and keep it fresh.
Cat food containers have come a long way over the years, but in general, they have not changed all that much from what they used to be. Many of what has changed are the materials used to make the container where they used to be made from wood, cardboard, or even glass.
Now plastic is the leader in containers being used for storing cat food. This is great because, unlike wood or cardboard, plastic is airtight and will not allow your cat’s food to go stale or even go bad altogether.
Most of these containers are made to be stored on a floor or in a room on a shelf, and they are generally best when kept close to the ground for easy access and not having to lift a heavy container.
Most of the time, cat food is stored on the floor, and this is when ants, roaches, and even other insects can get into the container and ruin it. Also, germs can become present in your cat’s food, and this is not something you want your cat sick from.
Storage containers are a great way to prevent this from happening and save you time, cat food, and money in the long run. Purchasing just one of these containers pays for itself because you do something great for your cat by saving their food. They will have fresh food every time, and it will retain its taste and smell while making it more enticing for your cat. This alone pays you back more than money itself.
However, if you want to see a return in money, think about the money you save by not having a bag or box get ruined by ripping, insects, or getting so stale the cats will not even eat it.
Wall-mounted food storage.
Some cat food containers can be inconvenient because you have to lift them or not have the room to keep them in your home on the floor. However, there is a solution to this dilemma, as well. The wall-mounted storage container is the one for you.
The wall-mounted container is great because it allows you to fill and dispense cat food very easily, and it’s very convenient because it can reduce clutter on the floor of your home. There are also many other benefits to having these types of food containers, such as food freshness and insect protection, and this is one reason this is the best cat food storage container.
The wall-mounted food container is great because you can mount it in a location that works best for your home. This will allow you the ease of being able to feed your cat without having to pull out heavy boxes or bags.
Floor storage containers are great; however, they can take up space on your floor. They are also cumbersome, and you do not want to hurt yourself to feed your cats.
The wall-mounted food storage takes care of this while also giving you the benefits of a floor storage container. This wall-mounted container is great because it will keep your cats food very fresh without getting in your way.
One of the best features of this container is pulling a lever to dispense the cat food. It’s great because this eliminates the need for a scooper to distribute the food. Also, there is virtually no bending over and scooping the food out of a container that may be in a hard-to-reach location.
A plastic lever is what makes this container dispense food easily into the cat food dish. You can also have a cup or scooper nearby to keep the dish and bring the food to it. The lever on the container does not have to be fully opened. That way, you can limit the amount of food dispensed. This is great because you no longer have to worry about bringing too much to the cat bowl or wasting food by spilling it.
Lastly, you will not have to clean up the spilled food, so you will not strain your body when using this product.
Cat Can Cap
The cat can cap another great wet food storage option worth looking into. As mentioned earlier, it was referenced that there can be a lot of waste when it comes to wet food in a can. However, there is a way to save yourself this hassle and give your cat the fresh food they deserve.
The cat food cap is a great way to remedy throwing away wet food that has gone stale or bad in the refrigerator. If your cat does not eat the whole can of food, you can place the can cap securely on the top of it after it has been opened and store it for later use.
Cat food caps allow no air to get into the can, and you can reuse the can as if the lid had just opened it. The cats will appreciate not having to eat stale wet food. You’ll appreciate this as well because it will save you money and you no longer have to throw away half-full cans of food.
The Can Cap can be reused as many times as you would like. The best part is that they are cheap so if one becomes damaged or dirty to where it can’t be cleaned, you can get a new one without spending a large amount on it.
Cat Food Scoops
To go along with your new container to store your cat’s food, you will want to look into a cat food scoop. Scoops are great because they allow you to fill your cat’s dishes without the need to touch their food. These scoops come in many sizes and shapes, but the most common is a half-circle scoop.
Cat food scoops are also beneficial because they keep the scent of your hands and things you have touched throughout the day off the food, making it more enticing for your cat to smell it hasn’t been touched.
Typically you can find these scoops in standard plastic and stainless steel. In addition, they are not very expensive, making them a great option to use for scooping your cat’s food into their dishes or in the storage container.
In closing the lid of your cat food container, no matter the container you have, you ensure lasting freshness, taste, and smell for your cat. As a result, not only will your cat enjoy their food to its fullest extent, but they will not hesitate to eat it.
These products help you and your cat to get the best quality of food available. It also means that the food your cat is eating will be presented the way the maker of that food intended it to be. There will be no loss of nutrients or vitamins, ensuring your cat is at its healthiest and happiest. There is no longer a need to keep doing the same things repeatedly, expecting different results.
Some bags and boxes come resealable; however, you will not get the quality seal these containers provide. Keeping it fresh ensures the highest quality food your cat will eat. Don’t risk feeding your cat lower-quality food than they deserve.